LET'S FIGHT BACK

LET'S FIGHT BACK
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sen. Boxer: ‘They Would Have Deported My Mother’


FEBRUARY 25, 2015 6:31 PM  
(CNS News) – Speaking on the Senate floor Tuesday against the effort by congressional Republicans to prohibit President Barack Obama’s unilateral action to allow millions of illegal aliens to stay in the country and get work permits, Sen. Barbara Boxer said: “They would have deported my mother.
Here are excerpts from Sen. Boxer’s floor speech:
“There are 11 million undocumented folks. Some of those undocumented folks are DREAMers. To me, that is the most important category. They are young people who were brought here when they were children. They know no other home. All they want to do is stay here and give back to America. Republicans want to deport them and their parents. They want to deport the parents of American citizens. I thank God these people were not in charge of Congress when I was growing up or else they might have deported my mother. It took her awhile to get through her naturalization. What if they passed something such as what the Republicans are proposing? I thought they were the party of family values. Show me where that is true—ripping families apart. ….
“I mentioned before that I am the daughter of an immigrant mother. I tried to think of what my life would have been like without my mother. She gave me my conscience. She gave me my values. She gave me all the love and support I needed to pursue my dreams. I am the daughter of an immigrant mother who never graduated from high school. I am a Senator in the U.S. Senate. But they would have deported my mother. I would not be here today if it were not for my mom. So tell me how it makes sense to deport moms and dads and rip apart the lives of children.”
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/sen-boxer-they-would-have-deported-my-mother
- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/sen-boxer-deported-mother-85896/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=sen-boxer-deported-mother#sthash.t1MtM6qF.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment